Can Coronavirus Spread Through your Shoes? Here is What you need to Follow
Coronavirus disease is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus spread all around the world.
Most of the people are infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people who are with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to come in infection of this disease.
When this came to India then people started looking out for all sorts of ways to protect themselves. Try to be in practicing hand hygiene or wearing a mask. By this, you are doing everything possible to keep the virus at bay.
Yes, coronavirus spread through shoes. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, USA, COVID-19 can thrive on cardboards for 24 hours, while on steel and plastics it can live up to three days. Several studies claim that it can also live on your shoes for a maximum of five days. As we know shoes made with plastics and synthetic materials can carry an active virus for days, but she noted that more research is needed. Most of the women's shoes are made of leather, rubber, and plastic, they can become another carrier of the virus. That’s why Melissa labs have created its formulation, developed “Melflex”, revolutionary material in PVC, 100% recyclable and that allows more flexibility, resistance, and comfort to the feet.
There is also be a possible carrier of the virus if your women's shoes or men touch an infected place or someone who is already infected through sneezes or cough near you. Another few reasons why men and women shoes can be a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses and when that it comes in contact with germs it becomes more than anything else. Because usually viruses and bacteria can breed on the sole of the women's shoe and this might even get carried to your home. Even when your baby move outside to check out your kid's shoes properly and sanitize it properly.
To protect yourself and your family, this is best to take the following precautions to ensure that you are safe from contracting the virus:
Few things always keep in mind while men and women shoes
- Always try to remove your shoes before entering your house.
- Always try to wash the shoes worn to public places either with soap and water.
- Some women's shoes which are machine-washable can only be cleaned by machine.
- Leather and other materials that couldn’t be washed with water must be wiped properly with a disinfectant. But women's shoes made with meflex can easily be washable that's why women recommend.
- Try to place a clean pair of slippers or shoes outside your doorstep and always change into them before entering your house.
What should you do if you think you have symptoms of coronavirus?
- Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
- wash your hands either with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Try to keep sanitizer in the pocket and use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available
- Always try to wash your hands as soon as when you get in the home.
- Try to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you have a cough or sneeze problem.
- Try to put tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterward.
- Always stay in touch with family and friends over the phone or any social media platform only.
What to do if you need medical help
- If you need medical help for any reason, do not go to places like a and chemist shop, hospital or pharmacy.
- Try to contact through phone.